Let’s start Day 5 of your training!
Affiliate earnings are by far my favorite because they give me the flexibility and the freedom I am after without most of the usual inconveniences.
As you already know, I make over $40,000 a month from my blogs; and even more from other affiliate sources (like partnering with clothing brands and getting affiliate commissions).
Now, let me explain the basic concept of affiliation:
You earn money when someone buys / subscribes / clicks trough the affiliate link you added on your blog. Pretty easy right?
That’s the beauty of affiliate income. The best way to go about it is this:
Find a product you personally love AND use, and then, simply create a review for others. The review has to be objective, genuine and should explain:
- Why you got the product / service in the first place
- What problems that product / service solves
- What your life looked like before you had the product / service
- What your life looks like today thanks to that product / service
- What that product / service can do for THEM
The formula is pretty simple! Just be honest and write it as if you were recommending something for your best buddy.
It doesn’t require too much work guys. The reason why it works is because people rely on recommendations from people they know.
The other advantage is that, the post you just created will stay on your blog forever. This means that that same review could still bring you lots of passive income 5 – 10 years down the line. This is why I consider it true passive income.
The great Warren buffet once said:
“If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die”
So here it is: Using affiliation, you can find a way to make money while you sleep guys.
Here’s how you can increase your affiliate income:
- Create real honest reviews: As explained above, it’s preferable to review tools and services you are using yourself because they add value to your business / life. It’s also a good idea to mention the downsides of the product or service (and not only the upsides).
- If possible, create video reviews in addition to written ones: Keep in mind that there are different kinds of people in your audience. Some tend to prefer video because it’s easier to consume.
- Use a link cloaking service like clickmagick:This amazing service allows you to create nice looking links, with your own domain, instead of loooong horrible affiliate links. You can also use the pretty link plug in directly in wordpress, if you already have it… BUT the reason why I prefer clickmagick, is because it has far more advanced features that will make you more money. If you want to know more about it, here is a review of clickmagick.
- Negotiate higher payouts:please understand this: If you are making an advertiser ton of money, they have a vested interest in making sure that you send them more sales. Most of them won’t hesitate to raise your commissions to keep you happy and solidify the partnership. Look, worst case scenario they say “no”. Best case scenario, you start making more on each and every sale. What exactly do you have to lose?
- Make friends with your affiliate manager: The account manager is a crucial asset that many underestimate. Account managers have the power to raise your payouts, give you insights into what works and what doesn’t, refer you to other brands, and make your life easier. So, make sure you keep a very good relationship with him or her. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy like gifts or fake compliments. Sometimes, it’s just a matter of simply taking a minute out of your day to say “hi”, once in a while. They will appreciate it.
- Make video tutorials of the tools you use. “How to” videos are some of the most researched videos on the internet. And for a good reason: People want to know how they can use a product efficiently, to reach their goals, without having to spend time learning it. Make their life easier and they will thank you for it. When you find a new tool or strategy, make sure to shoot a quick video and share it with them.
- Create a resources page. When people follow your blog, very often, it’s because you are an authority in their eyes. If they are given a chance to replicate what you are doing, AND use the same tools as their mentor (you), they will do it. So, tell them which products and services you use and create this list, that will save them thousands of dollars, as well as hundreds of hours testing products. You can check my recommended resources page for example. If you want to make their life even easier, you can use the same presentation I used: I give them the tools they will need at different stages of their entrepreneurial journey.
- Join affiliate programs:If you like a product or service, try to find out if they have an affiliate program. It’s just as easy as typing “product name affiliate program” in google (replace product name with the name of that product or service). Since you are already using these products, you are qualified to review them. Alternatively you can look at affiliate networks such as:
- shareasale (I earn up to $285 per click there. Sign up there first)
Just to name a few…
- Don’t spam your audience:Don’t paste your affiliate link 300 times in your posts. Include them at the beginning, middle, and at the end. That’s more than enough.
If you want to know everything about affiliate marketing, and how you can start earning money while you sleep (so you don’t work until you die), you should check out my affiliate training course. In this course, I explain in details how I build, grow and scale my affiliate businesses. I show you everything I do, and you get an over-the-shoulder look at my business.
Alright that’s it for today guys, I see you in my next email tomorrow.
Online Entrepreneur & free spirit:
Proud Owner Of The Martin Ebongue Blog
? Join my VIP contact list? (Get FREE trainings)
Here are some recommended resources:
Blogging: How To Start Your Money-making blog in 30 minutes (Step-by-Step blueprint)
Success: Steal my entire system today! (The list of all the tools I use to crush it online)