This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
My honest Shopify review:
Today I want to give you my honest opinion on Shopify.
Shopify is, in my opinion, the absolute best E-commerce platform that I've used. I have several stores running right now on the Internet making me quite a substantial income.
The advantage of Shopify is that it's very easy to use.
There are several apps that can do amazing things and automate a lot of things for you.
- It's super robust
- You don't have to do any technical stuff
- The ease of use makes it accessible to anybody.
- You don't have to be a designer or a developer.
- You don't need any technical skills.
If you put in a little bit of work, you can be up and running very quickly with your first store. Obviously, there is a learning curve but it’s still very easy to use.
If you are doing dropshipping, then Shopify is THE tool you need.
And if you're not familiar with dropshipping I have a training about the different business models somewhere on the website. Still, I will tell you a little bit about dropshipping so you understand what it is and where Shopify stands in the whole process.
I'm going to explain dropshipping. Then we come back to Shopify and I'm going to give you more details about the pricing and what you can do with it.
Dropshipping is a method where you work with the wholesaler, who takes care of inventory and shipping the orders to your clients.
In other words:
- You have zero products yourself
- You don’t manufacture anything
- You don't send anything.
- The wholesaler takes care of that for you.
- The only thing you have to do is forward the orders you were able to generate to the wholesaler.
That's your only job which makes it super easy. And the upfront costs of starting the dropshipping business are very low, in compare to other businesses models.
There are other advantages that you can discover in the video about dropshipping.
So let's see how that works:
I'm going to quickly go over each part of the process, and then, I will tell you where Shopify actually is within this process.
- Step one is finding a supplier: You need to find a wholesaler who has hot products that you want to sell. Then you're going to list their products on the store.
- Step two: You're going to drive traffic your store and advertise the products on your website: This is where Shopify comes into play. Basically, you're going to create a Shopify store where you showcase hot products. Just because a product appears on your website, it doesn't mean that you bought the product before or that you have inventory. You're just downloading descriptions and images from the supplier.
- Step three: The customers will buy the item on your Shopify store at retail price
- Step four: You buy the item from the supplier at wholesale price.
Your client just paid you the retail price, of let's say 20 bucks. You're actually buying the item from the supplier for 5 bucks. You just made fifteen dollar profit.
- Step five: The supplier sends the product to your client.
- Step six: Rinse and repeat. You add more products to make more profits.
This is, in a nutshell, what dropshipping and Shopify are.
With Shopify, you can add as many products as you want, from any supplier and sell those products as if they were yours.
You determine the retail price of each item for maximum profit and ROI.
So let's say you sell an item for 100 bucks because you know that people are ready to pay 100 bucks for that product.
But you're actually buying that product for 50 bucks and make a $50 profit on each sale.
The best thing about this whole model is that is you get the money from your client before actually ordering the $50 product from the supplier.
Shopify is the best platform to make the whole process run. There are, of course, different platform. You could use WordPress as well.
However, the good thing with Shopify, as I said, is that it’s super easy and you don't need to be technical. You don't need your own server or to install anything.
There are so many apps that allow you to do really cool stuff, without having to code anything.
For example, if you want to add upsells you can do it in a heartbeat.
Shopify has a FREE 14-day trial so it's free for you to try.
During those 14 days, you can build a store and import some products. You have different themes to choose from. They look super professional and super slick. They can be installed in two clicks!
Shopify will come with a monthly subscription. In exchange for such a robust platform, you will have to pay a monthly fee.
You can start small, at $29 a month and it's totally worth it.
For the entry plan, you also get 2 staff accounts for virtual assistants or anybody helping you run the store.
Shopify will take a 2% transaction fee on every sale.
I suggest you start with $29 a month plan. It's more than enough to start your business.
I have some stores making $15,000 to $20,000 a month on this plan.
You can get a free trial through my affiliate link. The advantage for you is that, I have an interface where I can see who got Shopify through my link and I’ll be able to send you some suggestions on how to make your store better.
I can’t do this if you don’t get Shopify through my link because I’m unable to track. So you miss out on the opportunity to get expert help.
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.