My Honest WPengine Review
Today I want to tell you about WPengine. I will try to keep this review short, but I also want to give you all the information you need to decide WPengine is for you.
You don’t need it when you're just starting. It's really not mandatory.
You could actually sign up to WPengine as a beginner so that you don’t have to change later down the road once you are more advanced.
If you are a beginner and you are reading this, I highly recommend you check out my review of Bluehost that might be more adapted to you.
They decided to focus solely on WordPress because it accounts for about 27 or 28 percent of all the websites out there.
They're based in Austin Texas and one of the founders of WPengine helped found the Websites as big like BBC. Right.
If you want to give an amazing experience to your visitors, which I'm pretty sure you do, then WPengine is what you are looking for.
It provides speed and user-friendliness to your Website.
WPengine is a dedicated service. I will explain the difference between a dedicated service and a shared service.
What this means for you in simple terms is that:
- Your website will be way faster
- Your website will perform way better than 99% of the websites out there.
Just to give you a comparison between dedicated and shared service:
- So let's say you're on a plane…
- In coach, you have to share the space with other people.
- In first-class every single person there as their own cabin. And they have an amazing experience.
The same analogy can be done for hosting providers:
If you want to step up your game, you are going to start flying first class and this is WPengine. If you're running WordPress you could be flying first class for like 30 bucks a month. If you ask me, that’s a good price.
On a shared hosting, you're basically sharing resources with other Web sites.
And when I say other Websites, it could be between 5000 to 80 000 other Websites. OK.
Now, if you want to have your own dedicated server, you're the only one using that specific server.
So just imagine the difference in performance between sharing the space with a thousand people and being on your own. All right. It's not a fair comparison.
Shared hosting focuses on giving you the best price possible.
A dedicated server, on the other end, will be solely focused on giving you the best quality and the best performance possible. This basically translates to being a bit more expensive.
If you're serious about your business this is something you can invest in. You should invest to get to the next level. And again, you can start with like 30 bucks a month…
The industry average for page load is usually nine to 10 seconds!
Frankly, nobody likes to wait 10 seconds before they see a page load.
Just imagine you're on the phone, after three seconds you're gone.
On WPengine, the average is 2.5 and 3 seconds to load the page.
Just to give you an example of a Website that everybody knows…CNN for example that will load in close to 24 seconds.
The way WPengine is able to give your website that much speed is by using something called CDN.
Your Web site is replicated on eighteen or twenty-five different locations around the planet. So each user gets the website from the closest location to their home and hence the website is super-fast.
Moving my websites to such an infrastructure made a big difference..
Here are the advantages of WPengine.
- First thing I'll say is it's easy to transfer your site. They will do that for you
- Another major advantage is performance! Again as I was saying it's super-fast. It's replicated all over the Internet for maximum speed.
- They are really good in terms of security. It's I mean it's just mind-blowing! I have never been hacked or anything with any website that I've hosted there.
- Every WordPress security update is automatically installed on your environment within 24 hours of its release. you don't have to go and do anything technical and you always have the most secure version of WordPress on your server.
- They give you a free SSL certificate.
- Support is absolutely awesome and available all the time. They answer super-fast
- They have a list of the very best WordPress plugins that you can setup. If you don't have the time to do it. They do it for you. They will test all the plugins and make sure that they work well.
- You have a 60-day risk-free guarantee that I've seen here somewhere.
So I really recommend using WPengine.
Hopefully this WPengine review brought you some value.
Below is my personal link.
Please click on this link if you're interested and you can sign up to one of their packages.
Again, as usual, I don't want you to spend more than necessary. If you have a website that has 10k visits per month just go with the first package.
I'm not going to ask you to go and buy the three hundred dollars a month package when you don’t need it.